Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Narnia

Dear Family and Friends
We have had another good week here in Terni. Today we went to Narni. The old city that CS Lewis took his story from. We found a lampost that looked exactly like the one in the movie. Then there was a door in a rock wall just like the house Tumnas in the story. You will all have to look that all up. Plus we saw a lot of Lions in the city.  The place is really beautiful but then again, I see so many beautiful things every day. It is becoming sad because I don't want to take them for granted. It is really amazing.
Anziano M****** and I are doing well together and in my opinion we get along very well. We are very different in many ways but that makes for a great thing in the end. The work is going foreward here. We were happy to get Anziano P**** and he came in and fit in right away. He seems like a great missionary. The work has been going very well. We have an 18 year old investigator named M****** and he is great. His parents are against what he is doing because it goes against the tradition of the family but he is trying to find his own personal path and he is striving to find and follow God in his life. He just wants to get better each and every day so with that being said, he is perfect. Yesterday we had a baptism for a member, this turned out to be really good as M****** was able to come along with his girlfriend. He is really golden.
Other than that, we had a great lesson with R******. R****** has been meeting with the misionaries for a long time now and he was starting to fall back. We brought him to a lesson with our Ward mission leader and it was amazing. He let out his heart to us and you could tell he needed it. We were able to teach him about how when you put God first in your life, He will be your guide in all things. He really needed some guidence in his life. He has seen that as he reads the scriptures, everything gets better. He is able to deal with the problems in his life much easier when he is following the principles of the gospel and study out of the scriptures. We were able to give him a blessing at the end and he said he felt the spirit stronger than ever.
It is so true. When we put the Lord first in our lives, we don't have to worry about anything. 
Sometimes I have little problems come into my mind about the future but I have the comfort of knowing that if I give everything to the Lord, He will never leave us alone. We don't have to worry about what will happen if we are following the priciples of the gospel. So I am doing well. I have never been happier in terms of where I am and what will be happening. I have been trying to keep a mindset about the future and now I know that it wil all be okay. I am so grateful for the gospel and the joy that it has brought into my life. I am also thankful for all of you. I hope everyone has a great week.
Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment