Monday, December 2, 2013

Look for the Miracles in YOUR life!

Family and Friends,
   Another week here in this amazing County. We are all doing well. We got a new Anziano this week named Anziano M******n. He seems like a great missionary and we are excited for the work in this city. I am sure he will help there companionship a lot. We have had a good week but not a ton going on. It is getting to the point where the people here are staying inside a lot more or going to different places in the world that are warmer. Our church attendence has droped a lot so thats too bad but it's just because people are traveling all over the place. 
   Today I wanted to write this email a little bit more about some of the things that I have learned this week. I have learned a lot here in Italy about a number of different topics but one of the things that I have learned the most is how much we are blessed when we do the things that we know to be correct. I have found that as I strive to work my hardest and to follow the Savior in all that I do that he blesses me. At times we go through our life and we miss all the little things that we are blessed with. The Thanksgiving season helped me to look for these little things a lot more. I have noticed the little blessings he gives us. Something I have noticed is that when I follow the to the number I am blessed with the ability to speak to these people in the language they need to here. It is something I have seen the opposite as well. When I do not follow the rules exactly and I am lost for words, I don't know what to say and I am really unable to convey the words I want to. It is weird but is a blessing. With the advice from family and friends I have been writing down miracles or little blessings that I have seen in my life.As I notice the little things I am blessed with more big things and can see how much I am being blessed each day. S I have noticed that some people  don't want to do the things of the Lord because they don't see the fruits of it. As we come to the realization that everything  we have is given to us by the actions we make and based on our obedience we are more willing to give back and continue to move forward. The little things are so important, as we look really hard for those little things we will be blessed. I know that the Lord blesses us. 
    As humans we make miracles be something we cannot comprehend, such as the miracles Christ did when he was on the earth such as Healing the Sick and raising people from the dead. The cool thing is that miracles are not something man can comprehend, God knows all things so therefore he creates the rules on what can happen and what will not. As we try to limit his strength by defining miracles as something we cannot comprehend we miss the many miracles each one of us sees. For example the internet that I am using to write this e mail. It is not a miracle in the eyes of many that I am able to write and send the e mail but to me it is. Someone was guided by a God whom I know to be there to create this way of communication. It is a blessing we don't even realize because we use it every day. 
    I would hope that all people would look for these little miracles, these little blessings we have in our lives that we see. It is my prayer that as we look for these we will be able to realize that it wasn't by chance that we are here. That everything we have, we do, we see has some type of heavenly purpose that only God knows the answer to. I know that there is a God, that He sent his son Jesus Christ to Atone for our sins and that He loves us so much and blesses us more than we can possibly understand. He wants to hear from us through prayer and He wants to help us even more as we recognize that all we have is for him. I love you all and hope you have a great week. 

With Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment