Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Guess Who I Saw?

Dear Family and Friends

Wow I can't believe we have been here for 3 weeks already. Sometimes it feels really slow but when I think about it it has really flown by. I do really like it here. I can't believe the amount I have learned and all that has happened. We just got back from the Temple here in Provo and it went really well. I love having the opportunity to go to the temple each and every week because it really puts me in a great frame of mind for the rest of the week. I am learning so much. I can speak the language okay right now and can teach people all about Christ and our message for them. It is crazy how blessed I am to be doing this. This week had a few difficult days including some where it was hard to keep going, the blessing being that I did keep going and am doing even better for it now. This place is really fantastic and the amount going on is awesome considering all the people, all the languages and everything that is happening all the time. I know I am repeating myself a lot in this email but it really just blows my mind with all that is happening. It is weird to think that in 3 weeks I will be in Italy and working hard. O MY GOSH I can't believe I forgot but just like 10 min ago I was walking outside and we were going to come email and we were walking by all the new elders and I stopped and waited a little while and I saw my boy DALLAS!! hahaha he hadn't taken 10 steps out of the car and I saw him. I wish I could have seen Brian too but he had just driven away. Hahaha pretty funny huh? So make sure the Schoens know that he is doing well and we took him to his dorm and class for the next six weeks. He is going to be great! Thank everyone for all the letters and packages. Getting a letter or a package is like Christmas everyone always wants to check the mail and see what is happening. Its pretty funny actually:) So this week is fast Sunday and then we have General Conference. I am totally stoked about that. The General Authorities are AMAZING!! They have the spirit with them and when they speak they speak with divine inspiration for many who need to hear it. I am really so excited for that opportunity to hear them all speak. We had a great devotional from Elder Clarke of the Seventy and he talked about our ability to speak with power and authority from god and he was amazing. He talked a lot about being obedient to everything that was told of you and when you do so you will be blessed beyond belief. It remeinded me of the Prophets talk about Dare to Stand Alone, and when we do so we must Dare to Make our message know. I also like something else. He said "this work only works on the basis of love. Mom that made me think of you and how you were such an amazing example of that. I shared that example in our district meetings after the devotional. Even though I am still hoping to get an apostle I really do love all the talks given in these devotionals. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the time at home. I love and pray for you all daily. Have a great week everyone. 

Love
Anziano Passantino 

Note from Kindra...Dallas is C.J.'s best friend in Texas. He is going on his mission to Brazil and  was supposed to go to the Brazil M.T.C. but hasn't gotten his visa yet so he is in Provo. They were of course, hoping they would see each other. Dad saw Dallas at the DFW airport and Brian picked him up and brought him to the MTC. We can only imagine how excited those two awesome Elders were to see each other right of the bat, truly a gift from Heavenly Father. 

Elder Schoen and Anziano Passantino best friends ready to serve the Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment