Thursday, November 14, 2013

When in Roma

Family and Friends
This week has been filled with a lot of travel and a lot of fun and learning an all sorts of different things. We had Zone Conference on Tuesday and I was given the chance to bear my Testimony in Italian in front of all the other Anziani and Sorelle which was a bit nerve racking but everything went very well. I have been blessed to learn the language and because of this I have not being super diligent on language goals but I do know how important they are. The more we set goals the more we will succeed. I am trying my best to become better and better at this and the more I do it the more I have seen my language skills grow and grow. We then had Stake Conference in Rome both Saturday and Sunday. That was good. I did not understand all of it and some people I can understand a lot better but they were using very formal language with another form that is not used very often so it was difficult. Other than that the conference was great. It was all about missionary work and how we need to work more with the members. In our last 100 baptisms as missionaries 48 of them have come from members and 4 from door to door and street combined. It really helps and I know how important that is. My friend Anziano M. was transferred today. Too bad we will miss him but are excited for Anziano T. to come to Terni. I have spent a lot of time in Rome this week but have not seen a thing. Hahaha o well I will at some point im sure. I wanted to share about something I have been studying a lot about here lately. This is the importance of being humble and Charitable. I have found that in my life sometimes I get jealous at others for blessings they recieve and have a hard time showing happiness for others when these kinds of things happen to them. I have been working really hard on this. I know this is because of pride that I have in my life. I know that this is something I need to be working on and will continue to work on my whole life. I really like a talk called Beware of Pride by Elder Benson if I can remember correctly. It is great and has helped me to see how I can improve in this area. Also I will try to be more charitable. It is hard sometimes but I know that it is important. I have not always been the best in the past and hope to get better and better. I know that this life is based mostly on our journey to become like Christ. I love studying from the Christlike Attributes in preach my gospel. We gain so much from there. It is my prayer that we can all become more Christlike and to strive for this in our life. We will all come up short but as we use the Enabling Power of the Atonement we can continue to improve each and every day. I hope all is well at home and everyone is doing good. I think about you all daily but I know this is where I need to be so I strive to focus on the work each day. I know that this message is special, some may disagree with me but I have seen miracles in the lives of these people as they follow Christ, it is truly amazing to see the fruits of this work. We have a baptism on Sunday and I am so happy for him. I have been given a love for these people that I am so grateful for. I hope everyone is doing well and that you will try your best to improve and become like Christ each day and if you fall get back up and start continuing on the path. 

Love 
Anziano Passantino

sorry again for the spelling it is really hard!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment