Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"He asked me to perform the baptism"

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow another week here in Italy. This week was both long a short at the same time. I was feeling a little under the weather all week. I am starting to get over it now but I felt pretty bad around Wednesday. It was just a little cold I think but everything is getting better now. We have had a harder week in terms of teaching. We have 6 investigators and only one came to church and he is getting Baptized in two weeks. We have Stake Conference this coming up week and tomorrow is my first Zone Conference. I am looking forward to that. About this guy who is getting baptized, his name is S****** and he has been taking the lessons for a while now. He comes to English course every week twice a week. He is a huge fan of the Band Genesis and he sings them all the time to me in English. He always try to speak to me in English it is pretty funny. He is a good guy. He has asked me to perform the Baptism so that will be a good experience for me. I am looking forward to that opportunity, and am honored that he chose me to perform it. He is the one in the pictures that I will try to send.
 The language is coming step by step. It is hard to always pay attention when I dont know what is going on in the conversation. The hard part for me right now is having just normal conversations. When we are teaching and talking about the Gospel I am blessed with the ability to understand for the most part what is happening its the normal conversations that are still difficult for me now. This is also hard becuase I cant really relate to people or get to know them and their needs if I cant talk to them about normal everyday activities. I am doing really well though. My comp helps me as I make mistakes. We work good together becuase I am the one that wants to talk to people but cant becuase of language barriers so I stop the people start a little converstion then he finishes it by talking about whatever. Just a little team I guess haha. Everything is going well, we love all the people here. I know that this is the Gospel of Christ. I have witnessed the spirit touch people. One of our investigators prayed for his life to change for the better then the next day he ruined his hand in a machine at work. He took this to be a sign from God as the next day the Missionaries showed up. We were able to get him a book of Mormon in his native language and he is traveling to Sri Lanka this week to help his mother who is in bad health. He has said that he wil read the Book of Mormon on the plan where there wont be any disractions so hopefully this happens. I am so grateful for the Gospel. It has changed my life for the better and I wouldnt rather be anywhere else right now. I am thankful for my family and friends and their example to me!! I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week.

Love
Anziano Passantino

ps Sorry about the spelling mistakes it is harder to type on these Italian keyb

No comments:

Post a Comment