Monday, October 28, 2013

Week # 2

This week has been great. I feel more in the flow of things now but obviously don't know everything yet. I am starting to understand Italian pretty well but speaking and responding is the hardest thing for me. I am lucky to have a comp from Italy that speaks great and others that help me along. So we have had a great week this week with lessons. This week we went on our first splits. My comp and another elder that live with us are district and zone leaders. They went to some meetings in Rome so I was with Anziano M. He is awesome and has a great spirit. He is somewhat new as well as he came in the transfer before me. We are both still struggling with the language but he can speak better than me but I think I understand a little more when others speak so we were a good combo. We didn't really know what to do always but we did good. We had to go to a lesson and teach. The lesson was in Italian, Spanish, and English to these guys from Ecuador but they are awesome. They had family from America there and they had lived in Italy for a while so they knew Italian also. We were very grateful for the relatives from America because if we didn't know how to say something we could ask them in English and they would translate into Spanish and then we would continue in Italian. It was a good lesson. I feel like we did well even though we are not super experienced but we both taught by the spirit so it went well. It was a miracle that we got there because it was in a city that we didn't know and we both were a little lost but somehow we made it. I love it here. We are in an Internet point right now which is a little bit different for me but its cool, I keep getting sprayed by a little air freshener hahaha. Wow the food is great. Yesterday was the first day that we didnt have pasta haha. It is one of the few things we can cook and is something that others usually cook for us. But yesterday we got a Taco Salad which was fantastic because it was new and different from pasta. So like everyone knows we get a lot of food at appointments. When others cook they give you a ton. First like 3 servings of Pasta then another plate with meat and beans or rice. Then a desert then fruit to top it all off. This is of course with bread and with this raw meat that I am not very fond of because it is raw meet but of course everyone says that I will like it by the end of my mission so I guess we will see. So for study I have started the Book of Mormon. In a talk called the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar he gives the suggestion to read the Book of Mormon and have a question and just study the Book of Mormon about that topic. Right now I am doing the Atonement and the Enabling power that it can give to people along with the forgiveness part but more specifically on the Enabling power of it. I would want everyone the read another talk by Elder Bednar about the Atonement and Journey of Our life. It is perfect about this and has changed the way I study and pray. It is absolutely perfect. I hope everyone will find a question they  need answered then read the Book of Mormon and continue this as they finish to start again with a new question and then after a 20 years we will have quite a collection of doctrinal based questions answered as we study it. I am going to try it! I hope everyone is doing good. Thank you for all the emails and love. I am working hard and it is coming step by step! Have a great week. 

Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment