Sunday, October 27, 2013

The first week in ROME!!!

* Note from Kindra - Only two of us got e-mails from C.J. on his P-day saying that he was online really quick and would get on for longer later. Well, we waited and waited and never heard anything...

Family and Friends.
I am sorry for all that happened yesterday. It was kind of a crazy day. We went to this awesome place for our Pday and it was incredible. I cant really describe it because it wont even give it any credit but hopefully you will get the card in the next few days. After we were going to go to this lesson and it is an hour away from our house. We were going to come back and Email after so I didn't really think about who I was emailing at that time. We were running a little late for our train back after a great lesson and we were in such a hurry that we got onto the wrong Train. It took us to the middle of nowhere and we were stuck there. There were not any trains until 11 oclock and that is way past when we are supposed to be back. We had to call everyone and let them know. It was freezing cold and we couldn't go inside for the reason that there were a bunch of people sleeping there and so we couldn't do anything to wake them all up. We waited outside and sang songs huddled next to each other. I can only imagine what we looked like. hahaha. We didn't get home until 1 in the morning which was a little hard because we had to get up at 630 right after. Hahaha it was a fun experience because we learned a lot. Always double check the signs at the stations:) My trainer was super worried and upset with himself. Speaking of him. He is Italian. He speaks perfect Italian from the North where they speak a lot clearer and he is really cool. He didn't know any English 2 transfers ago but now he can speak almost fluent English. His district two transfers ago told him that they were only going to speak English with him the entire time so he learned very quickly. hahaha he is helping me a lot. I am in the North most part of our mission where they speak the best Italian and so it is helping me to understand. Lots of the time I don't understand but I can understand a lot more than I ever thought I would when I left the MTC. So we got here on Wednesday and we saw the Temple and the Colosseum. Those were both really cool. The temple is coming along really well. I cant wait until that is done. We still dont know when that will be but we are hoping it will be done within my mission because it gets pushed back all the time. It was hard to say goodbye to all my district from the MTC and everyone there on Sunday but I loved talking to the family on the phone. We have been doing a lot of teaching. We have 6 investigators and they are all awesome. Hopefully we can continue to help them come closer to Christ in the next few weeks. My city is cool, it is the safest city in the mission so im sure Mom will be happy about that. We stay in an apartment with two other Anziani and they are both from the US but one speaks fluent Italian because he grew up here but he also speaks all English also. The other one just came the Transfer before me and he is awesome to. We all get along very well. Church was different but great, the ward is awesome and the Mother of one of my teachers at the MTC is here and she is the one that took us to that awesome place yesterday. Almost a city on a mountain. I have so much that I want to say but so little time. I love everyone here and everyone back home. I know this work is the work of God. I know this is Christ church that has been restored to the earth. I have seen miracles happen in the few days that I have been here. I want everyone to feel the joy that I have by serving and being a member of this wonderful church. Thank you all so much for all of the support I have been getting from home. I love you all and again I am sorry about the mix up. My Pday is on Monday from now on. I hope everyone has a great week.
Love
Anziano Passantino


***Note from Kindra*** If you click on the tab "Presidente or Sorella Waddoup's Blog" you can see lots of pictures of C.J. Here is a link to my favorite post http://romeitalymission.blogspot.com/2013/10/dinner-with-new-missionaries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment