Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Last week in the MTC..it's go time!

Wow,
Well this came really quickly. Don't get me wrong I am way stoked to go to Italy and even more so to be out of here. But I am way nervous. I do love it here and love hearing the General Authorities Speak each week but I want to get to work. I am beyond excited that I get to go serve those in the Italy mission and those that may even be long extended family. I love hearing stories and hearing experiences about all these things that will happen there. I am going to miss my teachers. They are super awesome!! Each one out of the four of them have a new perspective to give and I love it. Three out of the four served in Italy and the other one is from Italy and he is excited for us to go teach to his people. We have these things called guided study where they help us with a certain subject just one on one and tell us what to do to get better at it. I really like these and I also like when they take that time to help me with what to expect and what to know. This last week I had one from our Sister teacher and we talked about the mission and she helped me and just let me ask any questions I had and what to expect there. She gave me the truth rather than trying to just sugar cote it but now I feel ready for what might happen and I am grateful for that. Each one of them is super supporting and helps me in a different way that I need and I couldn't have asked for better teachers and a better way to learn about the gospel/language. General Conference was amazing wasn't it? I learned a lot about all of the questions I had and I loved all the talks. My favorites were Pres Uchtdorf on both the Saturday session but more so in the Priesthood session. I couldn't help but think about how it might be here in a few months or even weeks we he said, Stand Up men of God and dust off and get back to work. We will all have times where we feel like we can't get up but thanks to our Savior we can get back up with his help and Do it "right now". I also couldn't hold back tears as Elder Holland Talked about those with physical disabilities. They are so much greater than us in So many ways and I thought of seeing them someday after this life in there Perfected bodies and it made me happier than ever before. I thought of Lauren our cousin and how sweet her spirit is. I thought of all these missionaries who although they have physical disabilities are still out here serving missions. I had and Elder sit by us in a devotional the other day and he was in a wheelchair and his comp helped him in and out whenever he needed to sit down. I wish I could be that Christlike in my life. Also we heard the singing group Vocal Point from BYU at a devotional Sunday night and they were fantastic. They are all without instruments and they sing. They brought the spirit to the meeting with their voices as they sang Hymns that were important to them in some way or another. I loved that and it made me Think of my buddy Jack Hansen and how he can bear his Testimony with his voice and bring the spirit with it as well. I am grateful for good music because it has a special effect and with it we can be sure that Christ is happy when we listen to good wholesome music. I have heard lots of music used in the other way but when used correctly in can bring tears to the eyes of all who are hearing it. I loved this week. Conference was great and I hope everyone took the challenge of writing down questions and having them answered through Conference. I am grateful for this Gospel and the opportunity I have to serve the people of Italy. I am thankful for you all and your friendship and love and hope you all have a great week. 

Love 
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment