Monday, December 8, 2014

11/10

Hey Everyone,

We have had a good week together here in Caserta! Anziano   and I are really enjoying being together and having the opportunity to learn from each other. I love how willing he is to learn and to just talk to everyone because he cares so much about all of the people here. I would say that is one of his greatest strengths! It is awesome because we both love like the same exact things and almost every 20 min something happens where we say "Hey, the same thing happened to me", or "It was the same in my family" so we are having lots of fun:)

Unfortunately due to the lack of coming to church, we have had a few baptismal dates fall through this week but we are really striving hard to find out exactly what they need so we can work to their needs. Hopefully we can help them progress and help them really have that desire to come to church. 

We have been given a real miracle this past week as well. An investigator that we had when Anziano Burnham was here felt like she should come to church last week. It was really special because she is really amazing but she felt like everything happened too quickly at first and she feels a little bit more ready now. We were able to help her out a lot this week and she is really doing well. 

This weekend we worked a lot with the less-active members of the church trying to get them to come back. Anziano P and I visited 4 less-active members yesterday and tried to help them out a little bit. I feel like some people just need someone there to tell them they care about them. Lots of time weather it be on purpose, or by accident we exclude or offend others and the consequences are very strong. Now, I am a strong believer in the fact that we can choose to be offended or not and that we can include ourselves and be more outgoing, but I would say that we could be more careful. I would say that actions speak waaaaayyyy louder than words and that our example really matters. I only say this because I have unfortunately seen the results of many bad examples and the effects that it has on others and also those to whom in may even seem irrelevant. 

This is a large lesson that I have learned this week on how we can improve a little bit. I know that my example is not perfect and I need to get a lot better at this but everything we do or say to others will have some kind of impact on them so we must always be careful. I love all of you guys and am grateful for the many prayers and wishes. Have a fantastic week:)

Love 
Anziano Passantino 

No comments:

Post a Comment