Thursday, April 23, 2015

11/24

Hello Family,

Well I hope that you all have had a amazing week! I know I have. We have really been blessed this week as with all weeks. We are really looking foward to Thanksgiving Dinner with the American families but the only problem is that we are not allowed to stay at dinner appointments for more than 45 min or 1 hr and 15 min if there is an investigator so it will be quick but fantastic. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were a little bit slow but on Thursday we were really blessed. After having visited many of the members here and asking them to pray for missionary experiences the Lord has blessed us, along with others involved, with the opportunity to share the gospel with new people. This week we were able to have a lesson with a lady who was taking the missionary lessons in San Diego right before coming here. One of our members gets her nails done at this lady's shop and someone or another the gospel was brought up and it came out that she had been taking the lessons. She is really an amazing person and I am super excited to have the opportunity and experience to share the blessings and joys of this gospel with her. She is very sincere and outgoing and we feel eternally blessed to have members that pray for and act upon spiritual promptings to share the gospel. It is a little bit strange teaching in english although it should come naturally but the spirit was very strong in our first incounter and we are really looking foward to the next. 

We also had a thanksgiving party for our english course and the members of the ward here on Friday and it was amazing. There was tons and tons of food and everyone ejoyed themeselves. 

As with many, I have been pondering deeply on the importance of gratitude in these last few days.The talk given by Elder Deiter F Uchtdorf in this past April Conference has wayed on my mind a lot recently. I remember how he has asked us to be grateful in our circumstances whatever they may be. Rather than be grateful for things we should have an overall feeling of gratefulness in general for the circumstances we live in. Something that really hit me in his discorse was that we as children of God are not made for endings but that all endings in mortality are "temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful." I would invite each one of us to ponder this talk as this week passes and pray about how we may better apply it into our lives.I know that I can personally do better in my life at being more thankful by getting better at my return and report in my nightly prayers. 

 I would add my testimony to his as he says "Brothers and sisters, have we not reason to be filled with gratitude, regardless of the circumstances in which we find ourselves?...  Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christlike attributes! A thankful heart is the parent of all virtues" 

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys spending time with the family:) I am grateful for each one of you and all that you do to support me and my efforts here. Have a great week!!

Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment