Thursday, April 23, 2015

12/16

Family and Friends,

Well this is going to be a little bit of an awkward email seeing as how last week I told you I would be training... Well it turns out that the Elder that was supposed to come here got sick and had to stay in America... That means that I will not be training this transfer but instead will be with and Anziano Sejko. He is from Florence Italy and it is his last transfer here in the mission! I got the call from President as we were leaving the house to go get the greenie hahaha. It was a bit of shock. I guess this is why I never tell you guys this kind of stuff before it happens. hahaha

Other than that big mix up it has been a good week. I wasn't able to write yesterday because we had our Zone Conference. This next transfer there will be lots of new people leaving. At ZC yesterday we had 9 missionaries say their departing testimonies and that is the last time we will see many of them. There are 26 missionaries going home which for our mission is a very large number. 

It has been a week of adjusting a little bit to try and get everything ready for a good new transfer. I had a really special experience yesterday as I was able to find out about something special. The anziani in the Rome 3 ward have asked us and the Senior Couple, the Andersons (who are really amazing by the way), here to help them out recently. They have and investigator that was very close to getting baptized when his son found out that he had to have multiple Brain Surgeries for a tumor that they had found in his brain. The best hospital in Italy for these types of procedures is found in our area her but about 1 hour away from where we are. Last Monday we were able to give up a little of our P-day to go visit these people in the hospital. 

As we got there we had the opportunity to give a blessing to this boy, who wasn't really conscious. The doctors told us that they thought this boy would have passed away the day before. The spirit was very strong as we also gave blessings to his mother, his father, and his aunt (his aunt lives in America in Utah and is the only member of the church) I was blessed with the opportunity to give the blessing to the father. It is incredible how much blessings are guided by the spirit. As we left that night we felt a special spirit of love and gratefulness for all that we have and all that has been given to us. 

Yesterday at Zone Conference I was able to talk to the elders of Rome 3 and one of them came up to me thanking me for going. He told me that after that night, Carlos (the father) had called him and said that the blessing was given almost as if I was reading his mind and that all things that were said were answers to his prayers and they gave him the comfort he needed. I felt grateful for the Priesthood and for the opportunity we have to bless the lives of others through it. I don't know why the Lord let this miracle happen through me or for what reason I was the one there but I feel grateful for the chance I was given to see this miracle. The younger boy also is doing better and was taken off oxygen for the first time in months yesterday. I love this work and am so happy that I have the chance to be doing it here:) 

I hope everyone is doing well and that all goes well with the week. I hope everyone gets ready for this special Christmas time and remembers why we have it:) I love and miss you all!!

Anziano Passantino

ps thanks to all those who sent me a letter or package for Christmas!! It is always great receiving stuff from home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment