Monday, May 18, 2015

12/29



Dear Family,

I hope everyone had a great rest of the Christmas week!! We had a great time at Christmas and we feel grateful to have members willing to invite us over for this amazing day!!

 I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, and the opportunity that we have each and every day to testify of Him brings me more joy than I can possibly describe. I have tried this week to reinforce in myself the knowledge of the importance of bearing testimony of Jesus Christ. It is sooo important to testify of Him because as we do so the spirit can testify to others of the truth of what we are bringing with us. Something I have always struggled with is saying the right/most important thing without adequate preparation but I have learned in my mission and can testify of how the spirit will literally give you the words you need to use at the correct moment, especially as we testify of our Savior Jesus Christ and let others know exactly who we are as His representatives. It has been something on my mind that has really stuck out to me recently. 

The work has been going okay, it could be better, but we cannot complain. Last night was one of the more productive nights that I have had here in Caserta as we were able to go and see different members and less-actives with our Bishop and share quick 20 min messages with them about the Savior and His earthly ministry and what He actually did here to save us. While pondering and praying about the message of Christ and the mission of His earthly ministry I have come to realize exactly the importance of Him descended below all things. The condescension of Jesus Christ is something that I hadn't really grasped until recently. And if He, being perfect, had to descend below all things, who I am I to complain during trials or abandon ship when things begin to get difficult? We talk often about His perfect example but how much do we really understand about it and how much do we really put ALL His teachings into practice? I think more than anything it has served as a reminder of the importance of being humble and willing to submit our will to the Fathers "even as a child doth submit to his father" as said in Mosiah. I Love my Savior and am grateful and humble to be his representative for those that we come in contact with here in Italy. I know that we must always continue to grow and learn on this our journey through life and that if we will endure to the end, we will receive eternal life. Of this I am sure.

 I love you all and hope and pray that everything is going well. I love you all and Hope you have a great New Year!!

Love
Anziano Passantino

ps haha in this pic, I tried to time a jump so that I would be bigger than Anziano Pingree and totally failed as you can see, haha o well these are the families that we were with for Christmas! Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment