Monday, May 18, 2015

4/20/15 First Week in Sicily

Family and Friends,

This has been a great week. It was hard saying goodbye to all the people in Caserta and after such a long time it seems weird to be in a new city but I feel at home already and I have been welcomed in really well. I am in a 4 man apartment again which makes it fun. This next week is going to be filled with us trying to figure out how to make everything work for the mission conference with Elder Bednar next week. We are super excited for it but it is pretty hard in our mission because we are all so spread out. We will have to take a plane to Rome and so that'll be fun. I feel bad for all of the people in the office that have to do most of the work there. There is always a special feeling when a general authority comes so it will be great!!

These weeks was filled with many goodbye and many new people. I really liked the ward here so far. It seems like we will have a good ward and they were all super nice and it was nice having the last name Passantino. They recognize it right away which is pretty cool. We went to our ward in Catania then my companion and I went to the American Branch here that they hold on the base and we translated for a member of the High Council that spoke there. It was pretty funny, I thought I just left the only place with the Americans and here we were again doing the translating haha it was fun though. I guess we also teach an Italian class on the base which should be really cool.

Well there isn't a lot to report for this week. Transfer weeks are always super crazy trying to get people back to their cities and to their new ones. It was a bit crazy also because some of the sisters got off the train and we saying hi to their new comps and they forgot their little bags on the train and the train left. hahaha that was crazy but not too difficult because they just called to Train Leader and they brought them back on the next train back. 

Well, I'm sure this is going to be a great transfer. I am really looking forward to it!! I am loving it here already and can't wait just to get to work!! I love you all and thank you always for your influence on me. I hope you all have a great week!! 

Love Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment