Monday, May 18, 2015

1/29/15

Hey Everyone,

Well it has been a good week here in Caserta. It's cool to think that I'll be here for 7.5 months by the end of this transfer and who knows maybe even 9 months!! Well I am glad to report a good week to finish off the transfer. Anziano Scott and Anziano Del Dotto arrived safely on Thursday and they got straight to work here in Caserta. We were able to do some good work this week and we know that the work is going forward. Anziano Scott will be my "son" in the mission and Anziano Del Dotto is from Luca in Tuscany. He is like 6'6 and he is with Anziano Pingree 6'8 and so everyone just stares at them when they walk on the street haha. 

We are excited to have Anziano S**** and Anziano Del D**** here with us now. I think that we can all benefit from their talents and ideas on how we can improve. Anziano S**** seems to have fit right in and seems like a great missionary who will have lots of great input in the work here. 

I have prayed and feel like this transfer(and all those to come) that I need to focus on a certain goal or objective. I am going to try and make sure that this transfer our District has a VISION. I think that will be the word of the transfer:) I really have noticed the importance of having a vision of where we are going and how we are going to get there. I have had this testimony in the past but for some reason it has really sunk in this transfer. We will use Preach My Gospel and the Standards of Excellence to formulate not only district Visions but also visions for each and every companionship and each missionary. I know all you buisnessmen who read this know the importance of this in work but what about our everyday lives. It is soooo important so that we can reach our full potential. The scripture that triggered this is found in Proverbs 29:18 which says " “Where there is no vision, the people perish”. In my opinion the one thing that needs to be eliminated in missionary work is wasted time and just going around doing missionary "things" instead of missionary "work". Something to think about even in our everyday lives in my opinion. 

I hope everyone has a better week this week and that everyone is doing well! I love and pray for you all!!

Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment