Monday, May 18, 2015

SICILIA!!!!!!! 4/13/15



Hey Fam,

We as the subject says, I have finally gotten my wish!! I am going to SICILY!! I am beyond excited to get to serve there and meet all of the new people there. If you guys remember my experience the last time I went to Sicily you can imagine how excited I am to go back!! It has been a good week this week. Luckily bishop asked me to give a talk this week so I was lucky enough to be able to speak in my last week here. It is bitter sweet because in these past 9 months I have come to love a lot of people here. I will miss them all but I am ready to go to Sicily as it has been my dream to go there my entire life. To be exact I will be in Catania on the East Coast of the Island. It is soooo beautiful there and I can't wait!!

We have had such a good week. I am also a little sad that I won't be with my "son" in the mission anymore because he has really taught me a lot in these past few months that we've been together! He is going up north to a place called Ascoli Piceno and he is super excited about that!  The cool thing is that Elder Bednar is coming in a few weeks and so we will all see each other for the First whole mission conference since I've been here. It should be quite the experience as we are also going to be recieving council on how we can use the IPads that I believe we will be getting soon. They are coming to start us in using the  technology a lot more in this work!!

Other than that it has been a solid week. We had a really special experience this past Friday. We were doing an exchance with the Zone Leaders here. On Friday morning we went up with the Senior Couple to go see a "less-active" sister who is only less active because she lives 11/2 hours away by car and she can't drive and there are 0 busses that pass on Sunday. She has been really down because her husband has been very ill recently and isn't doing very well. We had the chance to use the Priesthood to give them blessings and the spirit was extremely strong. Some of the greatest experiences in my mission have been as I have seen the power of the Priesthood act through blessings for the sick and the afflicted to the blessings of God's beloved children. I have countless sacred experiences with it and I have been blessed to participate in many miracles because of it. This was no exeption. I feel immensley grateful for the restored power of the Priesthood of God and I strive to be worthy of it. This is my constant prayer to be worthy and prepared when the call comes! There has been no greater blessing or feeling than the ability to bless other because in this manner!! I love this gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ. I have had many confermations about that this week along with a greater love for a living prophet! 

Thanks for everything that you all do me!! I love you all!!

Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment