Monday, May 18, 2015

1/19/15

Family and Friends,

Well I was a little bit shocked when I got on my email today and found out about the news for this week. I am not sure exactly what to say as I just sat here for the past 20 min thinking about all of the amazing memories. I had a little bit of a miracle, friday night in fact, while I was saying my nightly prayers. I have developed the habbit of writing down promptings and spiritual ideas or revelation as I say my nightly prayers. This friday as I was praying, my thoughts were on those of my family and those who either have or have not had the chance to recieve the joy and knowledge that comes with the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ in these last days. I prayed for those, not in my emediate family, namely Aunts, Uncles, cousins and Grandparents and that they might be touched by the Love of God this next week. I don't know exactly what will come of this situation and I don't think we are ment to understand everything that happens in God's PERFECT plan. I do know, however, that the Lord loves you and that you will be blessed beyond belief for your love and Charity to your Sister both her on the earth and after. I know that God lives, that Jesus Christ is His only begotten son who came to earth to suffer not only for the sins of the world but also for the sorrow that we sometimes feel sorrow but we know that "men are that they may have joy". I know that The Enabling Power of the Atonement is real and that it can and will give us the strength to do whatever the Lord sees fit that we do. One of my favorite quotes from Elder Henry B Eyring is "If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing."

My advice would be that of Elder Worthin when he said "“Be assured that there is a safe harbor. You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you. Your Heavenly Father—who knows when even a sparrow falls—knows of your heartache and suffering. He loves you and wants the best for you. Never doubt this. While He allows all of us to make choices that may not always be for our own or even others’ well-being, and while He does not always intervene in the course of events, He has promised the faithful peace even in their trials and tribulations.”  I love you all and hope that everything goes well this week.

Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment