Monday, April 7, 2014

Elder Kearon comes to visit

Well we have been really blessed this week.Today we were able to go to the Waterfalls here near Terni. They are one of the biggest in Europe or something. I am not really sure but they are famous around the world I guess. We got completely soaked but it was lots of fun. Also it was freezing cold plus the water but totally worth it. Oh and it hailed for like 20 min while we were doing the hike. Just another fun story to share.
The work is going very well also. The other day we were looking in the area book and I felt like I needed to call a certain person. I called him and we set up and appointment. During the appointment he told us about how three times in his life when he needed help and asked God to help him in some way the missionaries contacted him. The first time it was a really hard time and they gave him a picture of Christ. The second time they called him twice. And the third time was us. He met with us and came to church this Sunday. He also brought his companion. He really wants to change his life and is really doing great and we are really looking forward to working with him.  I feel so blessed to have the chance to serve as a missionary. 
The conference with Elder Kearon this week was really inspiring. It was a little different than normal in the fact that he didn't really go to hard on us (breaking boxes as they call it here in Italy) but was very loveing and sincere I was able to learn a lot and recieve many answers to my prayers. I loved how genuine he was and I felt like he was speaking directly to me. He talked a lot about finding out who you really are and this is something I hope to be able to figure out here on my mission. It is a subject I have studied a lot but I now realize that fasting and even more fervent prayer will be necessary this week to get the answer I need at this moment. Don't get me wrong, I know that I am a son of God and I have felt that in my own life, I am just now trying to move that knowledge into some way in which I can help others feel of that love. I hope to find that with lots of scripture study, prayer, fasting, and pondering. 
The week here has really gone well. Everything is going well and we are still working hard. It has seemed like this week has gone perfectly in the sense that everything is moving along very smoothly. Our investigators are moving forward and progressing well. We hope that they will be able to make some very big steps in the coming weeks and really get them to come closer to Jesus Christ. We didn't see a slow down in the work even when we missed a day on wednesday to come to Rome, the work is still moving forward plus we were given an extra push from Elder Kearons words. 
I have really been focusing on something different in my studies the last few days. I remember Elder Kearon saying something about having softend hearts. I wrote in my notes that I needed to find out how I can soften my own heart before the spirit can soften the hearts of others. I didn't really understand the true meaning of a softened heart until I began to study. I really feel like by softening our hearts we can become more in tune with the spirit. We must be more humble. I have always desired to be one of those people that radiates with the spirit. I feel like those people who radiate with the spirit have soft hearts and are willing to follow the spirit in every case. We have to be able to invite the spirit and then accept in into our lessons. 
I love the fact that the spirit is so strong in all that we do and say as missionaries. We can really really learn from the spirit if we are willing and humble enough to accept the teachings that we are given by the spirit. I have learned a lot about myself and about how I can help others from the spirit in these short 6 months and will be eternally grateful for that and for all I will continue to learn from those I meet each day. Have a great week!! Thank you for everything you all do. 
Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment