Monday, April 7, 2014

CONFERENZA GENERALE!

How is everyone doing this week?? Wasn't conference just AMZING!! We say here that it is the Super Bowl of the mission. I learned so many new and great things this past weekend and cannot wait to put them into practice. This morning I made my list as to what I must do from what I learned in Conference. We were able to see most of it, all but sunday afternoon. Maybe we will watch that sometime this week. 
Well this week has been really good. I am super excited to be working here in Catanzaro for this time in my mission. I know that they work here will really be different but I am very interested to learn how I can help the work here grow and help others to come unto Christ. I am really looking foreward to working with the members during this transfer because I think the Leaders of the church were trying to give us a message as to how we must work with the members and how they must work with us!! I know that the branch will be a lot different than the ward but I think this branch can really grow. I have been told what the goal is for the year and I am excited to try and help them reach that. I feel like it is possible. I feel like the Lord can bless this place and  that if it is His will the work will go foreward strongly.
 I learned a lot from all the talks this past week but I believe that I had three that really stuck out to me. First was all the talks about defending our faith (especially that of Elder Holland) and our beliefs even when the world would like to say they are wrong. That is very important in a world that is changing for the worse in my occasions. Second was that of Elder Ridd in Priesthood session. Speaking mostly to the Youth of the Church he counciled about how we can use technology to better the lives of those around us. Also he spoke a lot about choices. I felt that was very powerful. The youth in this age are very important and you can see that now and in the near future they will be hit with some of life's hardest challenges. And third, Elder Bednars talk about the Enabling power of the Atonement. I have been studying many of his discourses about this subject in the recent past and I learned even more from this talk. It helped me to grow. DON'T forget his invitation to study and pray about the Atonement and how we can use it in our lives. I feel spiritually uplifted from the ideas and concepts that were given to us during this wonderful Conference!!
I did have a great experience this past week just before I left to come here to Catanzaro. I was watching The District with Anziano M******* for companionship study and something stood out to me that never has before. We were watching about setting goals and in this section Elders Ballard and Scott and speaking about goals. They talk about how if both companions in a companionship are working together and feel like they are able to accomplish a goal then "invoke the powers of heaven" that they will experience the same thing that the quorem of the 12 experiences. They will be guided by the Lord in all things that they do and say. This really stood out to me. I brought this story with me here to Catanzaro and shared it with Anziano Kenney. We both agree that we can do this here and help the work to really grow this transfer. We have goals that are quite high for our work here for this transfer and we have prayed really hard for the help to accomplish these. I know we will be blessed by the Lord's help in these next 6 weeks and that we will see many blessings in our lives and in the lives of others. 
I hope everyone is doing well. I send my love and wishes to all of you and thank you all for your prayers. I reciece strength from all that you guys do. 
VI VOGLIO TANTO BENE!!
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment