Sunday, July 13, 2014

April 14, 2014

Well we have had a good week here in Catanzaro. All topped off by getting to see President and Sorella Waddoups yesterday for church. We are really doing well. This week has been filled with lots of finding and I am sure there will be much more in the future but we are PUMPED UP to go do it!! :)
This past week we had Branch Conference here. We had a member of the District Presidency come along with President and Sorella Waddoups. I got to translate for Sorella Waddoups and I think it went pretty well. The theme was The Family Proclamation. Even before we knew what the theme of the branch conference would be we had set some goals to pass those out to people. We are really looking forward to continuing with this but also adding other different topics in our finding tools. With the Proclamation we were able to stop more families this past week and talk to them about the importance of families. I have seen the peoples hearts softened a little bit because of the time of year as we near Easter. We were able to talk to many people about how the family unit is important in their lives and then give them testimony of Eternal Families and how we can live together forever.
I feel so blessed to have grown up in a house where this was the center of our lives. My parents instilled in me the desire to live with my family for eternity and now I have the chance to share that joy with others here in Italy. My parents and family have taught me almost everything I know and not only with words but most importantly by example. I now have the desire to share that with others and one day be able to live my spouse and family for eternity.  I believe this is one of the greatest messages we share because, at least for me, there are few things in life that bring more joy than knowing that I can live with my family forever.
During Sacrament meeting, President Waddoups called my companion and I up to give testimony of different things. Mine was the love God has for each person individually and for families to return back to Him.  After Elder Kearon spoke about finding out who you are I went on a search to find this out for myself. As I was bearing testimony during the meeting I felt Him guiding the way I spoke. That has happened two times this week. I know that He was giving me an answer to my prayers by showing me that He is always with me, That He will never leave me alone, and fulfilling the promise that"it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say." I have felt the spirit guiding me in this work and I am soo grateful to the Lord for this gift that He has given to us and is willing to give to anyone willing to take His name upon them.
We are doing well and hoping to continue to strengthen the people here in Catanzaro in the time we have been given here. I hope everyone has an Amazing Easter. Remember this time of year, Christ not only died for us but also was Resurrected for us. With this He gave us the answer to Job's question "If a man die, shall he live again?" for as the scriptures say “Why seek ye the living among the dead? “He is nothere, but is risen.” and “For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. “For as in Adam all die, even so inChrist shall all be made alive.” I want you all to know that Christ lives. That He loves us and that His church has been restored to the earth today through a prophet of God named Joseph Smith and that Thomas S. Monson a living prophet of God leads and guides his church today. I love you all and wish you all a happy Easter.

Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment