Sunday, July 13, 2014

Staying in Cantanzaro

Jun 23, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
How is everyone doing?? We are doing well here, we found out that I will be staying here to do my 3rd transfer these next 6 weeks. These last two here have really flown by. We have had another great week here. The work is looking up. I know I keep saying that but I really fell that way. This past week we have found quite a few new contacts so we are praying for the best. I know the Lord really is helping us here. Anziano G********* and I are happy to be together again this transfer. We really feel like we can get some work started down here.
This week we have been meeting a lot with this one contact who is really awesome. She actually is a teacher of English and she is very nice. The coolest part is that she calls us the day after we meet with her to see when we can meet again if we haven't already set up the appointment. And now with school being finished she is even more free. She has lots of concerns about death and after this life and the Plan of Salvation is really helping her. I hope we can really touch her heart. Unfortunately lots of our contact lessons for the first lesson have been falling through. 
We have had some crazy rejection stories here this past week. One guy we tried to stop on the street yelled at us in english "Jesus is the Lord" and then started running away. Another guys let us in and then proceeded to tell us how he didn't like us and didn't want us in his house but then left us with what he called a "gift" which was a "prayer in tongues" that was pretty strange as well. hahaha. We try to find people about 6 hours every day so we have lots of funny rejection stories. You have to make it fun in some ways. I am VERY tired though haha 
Thanks for all the prayers and support that you all give to me. I love you all very much!

Love
Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment