Sunday, July 13, 2014

New Transfer

May 19, 2014 

Ciao Tutti,

Well it's been another good week here. Anziano G********* and I are excited to get to work together so that we can start growing the work together here in Catanzaro. I like to think of this work here as growing the base of the branch for the future. We have good members right now but lots of them are older and so we would like to find some of the younger people to help for the future. The work is really looking up here as well as we are starting to find some really good potentials especially in these last few weeks.
On Saturday we had a tender mercy as we were trying to find some less-actives for the month of the invite coming very soon. We were working really hard at finding and talking to people that day and we hadn't had to much luck up to that point. We then stopped by a less-actives house only to find that she wasn't home... We were writing a note to let her know that we had stopped by and that we would be passing by in the near future. At that time I felt prompted to ring the door bell of one of her neighbors that lived in her building. This women answered the door and let us in, at this point we were both a little bit surprised because as I'm sure you all know we don't get let in very often doing house. I wasn't super surprised though because we were working hard and being guided by the spirit. We were able to have a nice conversation about the Restoration and how it can bless their lives as a family. I am really hoping that this family might be our new base. They are husband and wife and they have two kids around 30 years old that we might begin teaching.
One of the greatest things that I have been so blessed to see in my life is how the Lord uses us to bless the lives of others. Sometimes it seems like everyone just wants to argue with us or they have no real interest in what we are saying but then the Lord blesses us with a tender mercy and there is someone who has been prepared by Him to receive the gospel at this time in their lives. I am excited to work with Elder G********** to bring the "great news" to these people here and try to grow our base. We are also working with all members but specifically the younger ones to try and give us some referrals. We will see in the near future if our endeavors in that field will bring some fruit but I know that the Lord is guiding the work here and that Elder G********* and I have been called to serve and help the people here.
I know I tell you often but I hope you really know how grateful I am for all you guys do to support me while I'm here!! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment