Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sicily

April, 28 2014

Dear Family and friends
I hope everyone had a good week.For us this week has been very quick and I've been a bit tired but overall it was a good week. Monday was pretty crazy here as we tried to get all of the cleaning and Pday activities done so that we could go to Siracusa on Tuesday morning. Then from Tuesday to Thursday were were in Siracusa getting Anziano K*****'s permesso. I was happy to have the opportunity to go and do some missionary work with the Anziani there in Siracusa. They are both great elders and are working really hard. They are seriously doing a great job. All the missionaries there, Anziani and Sorelle, are really great and super friendly. I feel like the work there will really start to pick up here soon. 
When we got to Siracusa I had an awesome experience with the first person there that I really met. This man looked at my name tag and asked if I was Italian like most people do when they read my name. I then explained to him about how I was born in America and have always lived there but how my name is Italian and how I have the Sicilian blood. He then came up to me gave me a big hug and said (in Italian obviously) "This guy right here is my brother" That was super special to me and I will never forget that moment, I felt like I was home again there in Sicily. Other than that the trip was great, like I said they are all great missionaries there. Plus we had some Arancini and Granita. Both made famous by Sicily and they were sooo good. And we also had some canoli this week as well!!

Then we were able to get home with enough time to send a fax of Anziano K***** permesso to the office and then teach English course. On Friday we went and looked for some less active members but unfortunately we didn't really find anyone at home. We left a little note and an invitation to come back to church. Hopefully we will be able to find some less actives here soon because we have searched for about 10 different ones and they have all been gone. We then had the chance to go to Crotone to have a Scambio with the elders there and go and watch the baptism that they had there. 
The spirit at the baptism was great.A sister in Crotone gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and I felt the sweet feeling of assurance of the Holy Ghost in my life as she testified of Its comfort. I know that the spirit has really blessed my life and that it is always with me as long as I am striving to do my best at being obedient and worthy of Its guidance. 

Are week has been very busy but the work here has suffered a little bit, hopefully we can bounce back strong this week. We are struggling finding people to teach so we are trying to use all of our "Golf Clubs" to find some new people to teach. We have some good potentials that hopefully we will be able to meet this week. Other than that we are doing well. Hoping that everyone there is doing well. Keep us in your prayers that we might find some people to teach. We are struggling to find people to teach and just investigators in general. Thanks for everything you all do and for your examples to me!! I love you all.

Love
Anziano Passantino 

No comments:

Post a Comment