Monday, April 7, 2014

Our Mission President Came to Church

Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone doing this week? Everyone having a good Saint Patrick day? We got my comp today because he only had one green tie and I asked him if I could use it today so we were able to get him on the green trick .Anziano M****** and I are doing well. I am learning a lot about myself from being with him.  We have had a good week. We have seen some amazing miracles as we are striving to help others learn and grow. I have always heard from lots of different people that the more you forget about yourself the more you actually find. It is really true. I have seen that as I focus all of my thoughts and actions in serving others and helping them that I see miracles and the spirit teaches me and helps me grow in strength and testimony during the process. 

We were blessed to have our Mission President in Church this last week. Unfortunately none of our investigators came for the first two ours but 3 of them came during Sacrament meeting the spirit was very strong. It an important meeting not only for the members but also for our investigators. 

Yesterday was especially important for M******. M****** is one of our greatest investigators and is really striving to learn and find the truth in his life. He was able to speak to President a little bit and President invited him to a baptismal date within 30 seconds. Something that wasn't really brought to the attention of President is that we were doing a fast for him and his baptismal date on Friday and Saturday. He told us he felt good but didn't really have the answer to his questions yet. Then President was able to meet with him and talk about that date. I think this really gave him a goal. Exactly after that, he went and was talking with a member who had joined us in the fast for Michele. During their discussion the member mentioned that we can find all the answers to our doubts and fears through the scriptures. At that moment he opened the scriptures to 3 Nephi 17. There were two verses that were underlined in this chapter. We saw him read these two verses then run out of the room crying. We didn't really know what had happened. We went to comfort him and we found an empty room in the church where we could meet together. He explained to us through sobbing that these two scriptures were the answers to the doubts he had. He explained to us about how he had never felt the spirit so strong in his life. He explained how he had been praying and fasting with all his heart trying to find the truth and in that moment he knew it was true. I saw this miracle or prayer in fasting happen right in front of my eyes. I felt so much love for him and was so happy for this moment in his life. He was striving to find the truth and God blessed him with an answer just as promised. I know that God responds to our problems and is always there to helps us in times of need and when we are HUMBLY searching for an answer and or a guide in our life. I am so very grateful for the love my Heavenly Father gives to me and to all of His children and for the chance I was given to see that in my life this week.
 My advice for the week would be to try and do something for someone else every day this week. If you will do it you will see the blessings.Elder K***** is coming this week and so we are going to Rome on Wednesday morning. We are all super excited. Have a great week! I love and Miss you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment