Monday, August 10, 2015

6/29/15

This weeks email will be a little different and long ( because we have
an hour bus ride in which I can type it up on the iPad.) I am sorry if
it is boring but I felt like I should change it up a bit this week.
I'm also sure that 99% of the people who will read this played some
kind of role in my thoughts recently.


Well what a great day week. I wish I could describe in words alone the
feelings that come to me as I reflect on what I get to do every week.
I have found that words,pictures, and videos are embarrassingly
inadequate in describing a missionaries feelings and experiences but
that they serve as helpers/reminders for myself and others of one of
the greatest things that has every occurred in my life. Needless to
say I have been reflecting quite a bit on who I was, you I am and who
I want to be and all that has come and will come in between.

This week has been really good, and filled with learning and growth.
Something that my Dad taught me is that I will/would have made
mistakes out here. Recently I have made a few and it has helped me to
become a better person and to grow. Nothing huge but things that have
helped me improve my Christlike attributes.

Thanks to a mission leader with whom I have had the chance to talk to
recently I have been thinking a lot about my stewardship as a
missionary and the importance of returning and reporting:) it has
helped me understand how I can be more responsible and give it my all
while making myself accountable to then Lord.

In my personal study recently I have noticed the frequently used
phrase "one by one" or something similar on many occasions. I had, to
admit, been looking for it as coming from an Invite from Elder Bednar.
I have come to a smaller, but yet extremely incomplete, understanding
of how much God loves His children and how he cares and watches over
us individually.  Elder Bednar relayed a thought that has passed my
mind often in life about how God reaches out to the "one" and how so
many times in Elder Bednar's personal ministry the Lord may have sent
him to the other side of the world for just one soul that needed
saving. In my mission there have been moments where I knew exactly who
that one was for that particular area,transfer,week, or day and others
where only after reflection did I understand that their role in my
life or mine in their's and often both. Many of my companions,
members, or acquaintances have helped me as I was that one that needed
helping and I hope on some occasions vice versa.

I have been thinking about the importance of letting others know when
they have helped you and/or telling them when you have been sent
specifically for them. It brings the spirit and can change ones life,
understanding how they played to perfection their role in the Plan of
Salvation at that moment. I am sorry if this train of thoughts doesn't
quite fit together but it has been on my mind a lot lately and I don't
think that I could have spoken about the week without describing them.

I guess to sum it all up my thoughts have come mostly from Joshua 3:5
and the order in which those principles are taught:) That's what I
have realised this week. We are nothing and the moment in which we
begin to think that's not true the Lord teaches us valuable lessons:)

Again I hope this wasn't super boring and that I was able in one way
or another describe my thoughts. I love it out here and I love the
changes we have the chance to make out here!! I love you all and hope
you have a great week. Thanks for reading my super long train of
thoughts hahahaha


Love
Anziano Passantionp

Inviato da iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment