Monday, August 10, 2015

8/3/15

Hey everyone,

Well how is everyone doing? To bad that Miss hasn't had the baby yet but I'm praying she'll come soon. We've had a really good week. I think this is the week in my mission with the most lessons I have ever taught. Like I keep saying we are just being blessed:) We're not exactly sure why but we are really enjoying our time. 

So we are teaching this older Lady who actually lived in Virginia for like 50 years but then she retired here where she was born. Anyway,  The quote of the week comes from her hahaha. We asked " Do you feel like you have received an answer about the truthfulness of these things that we've taught you? (or something like that) and she responded, in English, " Well it either came from God, the Holy Spirit, or Jerry Garcia"and I just died laughing it was so funny!!! She is pretty funny but the sad thing is that she just doesn't want to progress even if she has felt that answer. She knows the gospel is true but little things get in the way of progression. We are trying to help but agency has to be one of the hardest things to deal with in life. I guess as they say on the District " It helps us understand how God feels when we know something is right and we disobey" haha

We have a couple that we are teaching that are doing really good. We have taught them most of the lessons now and they seem to be doing really well. They are planning on getting baptized the 29th of August and we are super excited for them. They have been super nice to us lately and they invited us over for dinner the other night and I have literally never eaten so much in my entire life. Plus there was soo much food that they invited us over for lunch the next day to finish it all and we ate just as much that day!!

The real miracle of the week was on Tuesday. On Sunday I had talked to this sister about her son that wanted to come back to church. He hasn't come in over 14 years on a regular basis. We went over there for lunch on Tuesday (and just a side note, that is Literally, the MOST I have EVER eaten in my entire life) and then we met her son. He seems like a really cool guy. He has felt a desire to come and become active again because he is about to become a father and he wants to be a good example for his child. I guess it was just another, one of the many, testimony builders on how the Lord can change people's hearts. We must never give up on our brothers and sisters who may not be coming to church because the Lord is capable of changing people's hearts, desires, and will prepare them to partake again of the joy of the Gospel. 

I have seen the Lord change my heart and my desires through the Atonement. A sister in our district said something that I thought was really inspired she said "The Book of Mormon is a mirror for the condition of our hearts". Literally as we learn more about Christ our the desires of our hearts are to exemplify his life and teachings and we are changed for the better. I love the gospel and I love all of you! 

Have a great week!

Anziano Passantino

p.s. Today marks 2 weeks left in the mission... that is sooo crazy. I still need decide if I will write anything that last day or if next week will be my last but that is soooooo weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment