Monday, August 10, 2015

7/16/15

Hey Family and Friends,

Well it has been a crazy week! I had a really hard time leaving
Catania because I had made some really good friends there but I guess
that is just part of the mission! I made it to Palermo after a 3 hour
train ride where I got the chance to help this older women and speak
to her the whole ride until she had to find a new seat because she
didn't like sitting in the opposite direction than they way the train
was going! It was nice to explain her pretty much everything and she
was nice enough to take a pass along card but didn't really want other
missionaries to come over.

Now I'm here in Palermo. The first day was pretty crazy because we
were trying to help everyone get to their new cities but the last
train coming from Rome got in 45 min late so some of the new
missionaries had to stay at our place. We have 5 new greenies in our
Zone this transfer so we are super excited for that greenie Fire! It
has already proven to hAve made a difference in most cities!!

On Saturday we had a Ward activity and it went really well. It was for
the Fourth of July because the week before was a fast Sunday and in
Italy you fast from Lunch until lunch so they couldn't do the activity
Friday night. It was good though. We had fun and played lots of games
and it was nice to meet everyone.

Church went really well and everyone loved it when I told them in the
"siciliano" dialect that I was originally from here. It made for a
nice laugh:) I had many people tell me that they new people with the
last name Passantino so I am looking forward to going with them and
meeting these people and seeing where they came from and what not!! I
love it here!! We are doing well and things are going good!! I love
you all and hope you have a good week!

Love Anziano Passantino

No comments:

Post a Comment